How do I set up bookings on an iPad?
You can set up EVA Bookings on a shared iPad for public bookings.
1️⃣ Get your bookings ID
- On the iPad sign in to EVA admin portal, ie https://my.evacheckin.com
- Go to Booking screens configuration
- Copy the Booking GUID for the booking site (long number at bottom of page)
2️⃣ Pin the app on your iPad
- Select the Share icon on the browser
- Scroll down and select the ‘Add to Home Screen’ option
- Go to home screen, find and open the app
- You should see a settings page with 3 buttons. Select the ‘Bookings’ button
- Paste/enter the GUID from above and save
- This should then open your booking page
3️⃣ To finish up:
- Log out of the EVA portal in Safari
- Put the iPad into Guided Access mode to pin the app open and prevent users from getting to other apps.
When you use the bookings pages like this:
- Personal details are not remembered on the enter details page
- There is a 60 second timeout on the booking process. This will automatically clear out the screens and return it to the start in case someone abandons their booking half way through.