EVA Bookings for carparks
Table of Contents
- Key carpark booking features
- How to set up EVA bookings for car parks
- 1. Set up one or more car park types as bookable resource types
- 2. Check and modify the settings for your car park type
- 3. Check and customize messaging
- 4. Create a master bookable resource for each car park type
- 5. Check the settings for your car park
- 6. Clone the resource (car park) to generate all the named parks or parking areas you need
- 7. Check everything is working as you expect
- 8. Invite and manage bookings
- Setting up half-day booking
- Car park booking for large scale events
- Find out more
Provide and manage bookable car parks directly in EVA, so visitors, staff and contractors can book their own parking.
Key carpark booking features
- Self check-in or high-throughput numberplate scanning using our dedicated mobile app - you choose.
- Manage shared and allocated car parking and even EV charging stations - across all your locations from your EVA Bookings dashboard.
- Fast and secure portal for bookings.
- Greenlight staff or contractor numberplates, and add banned registrations to a block list.
- Supports unlimited bookable car parks and users.
- Optionally, connect car park booking to EVA Check-in to enable running late reminders and automatically release no-show capacity.
How to set up EVA bookings for car parks
1. Set up one or more car park types as bookable resource types
Messaging, arrival time interval, booking visibility and URL for bookings are set by resource type. You'll need to set up different resource types if these details change for different kinds of car park.
2. Check and modify the settings for your car park type
- Make sure “Allocate resources based on availability” is ticked for automatic allocation of carparks
- Disable same day booking reservations if you want to prevent people from booking more than one carpark per day
- Select “Weekday bookings only” unless you have weekend parking available
- Optionally, add a booking pin if you’d like to secure and limit access to your booking page
- The booking window controls how many days in advance bookings can be made.
When you're happy with these settings, click Save. You can then preview your booking page using the booking URL.
3. Check and customize messaging
Check the Templates tab for each car park (resource) type to modify the messages and emails that are part of your car park booking experience.
4. Create a master bookable resource for each car park type
Each car park resource can be:
- a parking area with a set capacity - eg outdoor parking, EV vehicle charging, staff parking
- a specific named car park (capacity = 1) - eg car park 3, car park 4
Give your car park a name, select the resource (car park) type and click Enable booking:
5. Check the settings for your car park
If you have multiple parking areas or individually bookable car parks, you can use the first car park you set up as a master resource, and then copy that to create more bookable parks.
Specify the number of spaces available by entering capacity. A capacity of 2 means there are two bookable parking spaces in that area.
- Use Schedule to set different parking capacities on different days of the week.
- Use Capacity by date to override the default capacity and create additional or reduced numbers of car parks on specific days. (Note: if you want to globally disable booking for a public holiday this can be done at the resource type level.)
- If you are using bookings in conjunction with check-ins, send a reminder at a specified time if the person who’s booked is late (Arrival prompting)
- Add blocked emails or car registrations for known cases of booking system abuse
6. Clone the resource (car park) to generate all the named parks or parking areas you need
Once you have created a 'master' car park and are happy with the settings, clone as many as you need and re-name them accordingly.
7. Check everything is working as you expect
- Visit the Booking page via the Booking URL (find it here).
- Make a test booking - use your email address to make sure you receive booking notifications
- View your test booking
8. Invite and manage bookings
- Promote online bookings using the booking link provided on your website, email communications or as a printed QR code poster.
- View and manage bookings via the Who is coming report
Setting up half-day booking
To set up half-day car park bookings (so you can book a car park just for a morning, or just for an afternoon), set up two resources per parking space or area, one for the morning and one for the afternoon:
Make sure to set a corresponding bookable time range, eg for the morning:
And don't forget to customise the "Select Dates" introduction, eg:
This text is set by resource type - edit the relevant car park resource type, and edit the "Select dates" message in the templates tab.
Car park booking for large scale events
EVA Bookings can be used to manage parking for large scale events. Features to help with this include:
- Dedicated mobile app for high throughput number plate scanning
- Green light selected vehicles by registration number (eg staff, contractors)
- Flexible capacity management
- Booking countdown timer (3 minutes to complete booking before it's released back to the pool of available carparks)
Contact us to discuss using EVA Bookings for your event/outdoor parking.